Sunday, February 1, 2009

Life as an expat - bbqs, brunches and booze

After being in Arusha for a while, you find that there are a lot of people going out a lot. I have been out with my aunt and her friends a few times, however I think one of my favorite things we have done with big groups is the BBQ we had at our house. Shamus, Richard, and I did the BBQ'ing while my Aunt and Gasper did the rest. That was the first group thing I did here. There was a lot of food and drinking, I liked the food a lot. My Aunt had the BBQ to celebrate a lot of occasions: me coming to live with her in Arusha, adopting Akira and my 18th Birthday.

I have also been to a brunch place here. It’s the same place we went to for my B-Day except that that time we had dinner. It's named Coffee Lodge and it has a really nice restaurant and lodge set on a coffee plantation. My aunt told me that there were monkeys that were there because of the free food they get so I had been really looking forward to going there. The food there was really good but getting to see the monkeys and the baby monkeys, I thought they were better. I really think that if this is how life is here I could really enjoy it, sadly that isn’t all there is to living here, that’s just the fun part.






No comments:

Post a Comment