Sunday, March 15, 2009

Maramboi Tented Camp and our safari in Tarangire National Park



So we finally went to a real tented camp. I say real because I have been to Safari West, which is a place in the U.S. that does a mock safari and has tented rooms. Although I must say that the tents were similar. If you have never been in a safari tent, just imagine a tent the size of a hotel and you have an idea of the size. The tent we stayed in was a two-bed tent with a bathroom in a different tent that was still attached to ours. We went with my Aunt's friend, Tanja so she had her own tent. On the way there, we went to Tarangire National park. I really liked that park, but I think that was mostly because that was the first time I had seen wild elephants and I thought that was really cool. However, the flies were murder. They would bite you and it actually hurt a little. These flies are called Tetse flies and can actually be quite dangerous. A friend of ours went there a different time and had a bad reaction to the fly bites and had to go to the doctor because of it. The flies would follow the car and when you stopped, it would sound like it was raining on the car because they would just keep running into it. So far, I have now seen elephants, buffalo out of the big five, but I am hoping to see them all before I go home. The day after we stayed at the tented lodge Tanja and I went on a walk down to where the lake would normally be because we saw a bunch of animals. We walked for about 15 min before we got to the animals. I was surprised at how close we where able to get to them. We were about 70 to 100 meters from the closest ones. I got some pictures but they are all on film so I can’t put them on here. There were zebra and wildebeests and after we got back to the tent and started swimming, we noticed a giraffe out there too. I wish I could have gotten close to it. The swimming pool was nice because it had an unobstructed view of all the animals that were out there so you could enjoy swimming and watching them all at the same time. Over all I had a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment