Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nick's Pub - the chicken is FANTASTIC

So we finally went to Nick's Pub and got totally tanked...well no but we did have a beer. Nicks pub is a place that BBQ's fish and chicken in massive BBQs. My aunt had told me about it and I have been wanting to go but it took Tanja being here before we went. When we got there, I thought it looked a bit odd. There was a big sign that said nicks pub and under it where a bunch of four person fold up tables, however it was packed. When we found a seat and ordered my aunt told me that we don’t use forks and knifes there we just use our hands. That was cool with me. When the food came, I realized that when you order the chicken you get the full chicken, not just like a wing or a leg but the whole thing. My aunt had gotten the fish and it was the same way you don’t just get the meat part though you get the head and tail, the head still has its eyes in it. I was hungry so the full chicken wasn’t a problem and it tasted REALLY good. They have a type of spice sauce called peilepeile sauce that made it even better. I had never had that sauce before so I was surprised by how much I liked it. When I had finished my chicken, I was still a little hungry but my aunt was full so she let me have some of her fish. Normally I don’t really like fish but this fish was really good too. It was a little creepy to eat because of the head but once you get past that its great. After you finish eating they have about a 2-gallon container of water that you poor some into your hands and that is how you wash them...the one problem was that they don’t give you a way to dry your hands. Over all I really liked it and really want to eat there again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Why did't I get to go to Nick's Pub with you guys?? You kinda stink as an uncle! (just kiddng, you are the very best uncle I could hope to have).

    ReplyDelete